Earlier this year I went on a long holiday to Japan and China. I have an Android phone and am a very big fan of OpenStreetMap. So I used OsmAnd (which uses OpenStreetMap data) to navigate through those countries. I made a spreadsheet with LibreOffice, which included a few links to certain location which are hard to find or do not have an address. Then I exported that .ods to a .
Earlier this week I resurrect my blog with Hugo. After setting up the site and blogging a bit, I wondered how my RSS feeds looked, since that is the de-facto standard for subscribing to websites. Unfortunately I could not easily find and enable the RSS feeds, and it looks like RSS is part of templating instead of being built-in. Somehow this was the final (of several) papercuts and I was fed up with Hugo.
You might have noticed, but I am re-starting to blog. Currently I am experimenting with Hugo for this. The last time around my blog was based on Wordpress and before that I also used PyBlosxom.
It is quite funny that I am moving back to a static site generator again. Back in the day my main reason for it was optimal resource usage. Then I went for user friendlyness and now I want a fast and secure system again.