Earlier this year I went on a long holiday to Japan and China. I have an Android phone and am a very big fan of OpenStreetMap. So I used OsmAnd (which uses OpenStreetMap data) to navigate through those countries. I made a spreadsheet with LibreOffice, which included a few links to certain location which are hard to find or do not have an address. Then I exported that .ods to a .pdf and was able to click on the links, which then openend perfectly in OsmAnd.
Earlier this week I resurrect my blog with Hugo. After setting up the site and blogging a bit, I wondered how my RSS feeds looked, since that is the de-facto standard for subscribing to websites. Unfortunately I could not easily find and enable the RSS feeds, and it looks like RSS is part of templating instead of being built-in. Somehow this was the final (of several) papercuts and I was fed up with Hugo. Then I remembered hearing about the Nikola static site generator, most recently referenced by Alan Pope on the Ubuntu Podcast, and I thought I would give that a try.
It is quite funny that I am moving back to a static site generator again. Back in the day my main reason for it was optimal resource usage. Then I went for user friendlyness and now I want a fast _and_ secure system again.
Right off the bat I was smacked in the face again with my arch enemy, theming. It took me a while to select and configure a theme which I think is "good enough" for now. I am not a (web) designer and I do not want to become that, but at times like these... Anyway, this could mean that the site will be re-structered or re-themed, consider it in a state of flux.